Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It helps to break up and eliminate scar tissue. The purpose is to “unstick” the fibres of a muscle while releasing deeply held patters of tension, removing toxins, while relaxing and soothing the muscle. It is both corrective and therapeutic.
Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain,are involved in heavy physical activity, such as athletes, and patients who have sustained physical injury. What one calls deep tissue another will call light. When receiving deep tissue work it is important to communicate what you are feeling.
Sport massage is used for all of the following:
- Recovery – To enhance the athlete?s physical and mental recovery from strenuous sport activity.
- Remedial – To improve a debilitating condition
- Rehabilitation – To facilitate healing after a disabling injury
- Maintenance – To enhance recovery from strenuous exertion, to treat debilitating conditions and to help athlete maintain optimal health
- Events – To help prepare the athlete physically, mentally and emotionally for an event. Pre-event, inter-event, post-event.
Includes long smooth strokes, kneading, friction and tapping. All of these techniques work to relax tired and aching muscles whilst encouraging the flow of blood and lymph and enhancing skin tone. Ideal for specific physical problems such as muscle tension and tendon and ligament problems.